CORRE Press Releases
Everyone can help CORRE by contacting their local media—the press, radio, and television—and letting them know how you feel about the problems with the value of pensions in Oak Ridge.
Write to the editors of local papers by email at addresses given below.
Local Newspapers: email letters to the editors:
Knoxville News Sentinel: email@example.com
The Oak Ridger: firstname.lastname@example.org
Oak Ridge Observer: email@example.com
Clinton Courier News: firstname.lastname@example.org
Roane County News: email@example.com
Loudon County News Herald: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Daily Times, Maryville: email@example.com
Farragut Press: firstname.lastname@example.org
Suggested Topics for Letters
Keep the letters short—less than 500 words.
- Your situation and the impact that devalued pension has on you.
- A known situation and the impact of devalued pensions on an individual or family.
- Responsibilities of Congress and our senators and representatives.
- Responsibilities of the companies and their leadership.
- Responsibilities of DOE (NNSA also)- the Secretary, staff, and local management.
- Lack of actions by the above entities and their management.
- What you expected concerning pensions when you were working in an Oak Ridge facility (or in Oak Ridge facilities, for some retirees.)
- The economic impact on this area is estimated to be more than $100M.
|Benefit Plans Information
ORNL—1060 Commerce Park Drive, Oak Ridge, TN 37830, 1-800-211-3622 or 865-574-7474
B&W Y-12—New Hope Center, Oak Ridge, TN 37830, 865-574-1500 or 1-877-861-2255
Wackenhut Services, 161 Mitchell Road, Oak Ridge, TN 37830, 865-276-9282
UCOR, P. O. Box 4699, Oak Ridge, TN 37831, 865-241-2644
|Working for Fair and Equitable Retirement Benefits for Former Employees of K-25, Y-12, and ORNL, and Grandfathered Employees of UCOR and NSPS.